Thursday, August 13, 2009

August update

Gad, it's already more than 3/4 of the way through summer – how did that happen!? I'm officially on summer vacation right now, but it doesn't quite feel like it. I've been taking plenty of time off and have caught up on some reading and some much-needed sleep ... but there are still emails to answer, phone calls to return, and household STUFF (there's that great, all-purpose word again) to take care of. This leads me to the conclusion that so-called "staycations" are a lot more "stay" than "vacation", and I mean to remedy that next year by getting as far away from my desk as possible ... say, Spain? France? Italy? Turkey? The general idea being to put a large body of water between regular daily life and moi. Better work hard in between now and then so I can earn enough money for a big trip...

Speaking of work, I just got permission to post the charts from the Teslin Official Community Plan that I referred to a couple of posts ago (see Summer Update, final paragraph, with the nice photos of the almost-midnight sun). Over several days, members of the community weighed in with their vision for the Village of Teslin on several topic areas, ranging from housing and infrastructure to recreation and cultural heritage. Every conversation was mapped, and here are a couple of the results:


2 comments:

  1. Avril, I love your work! I come back to your wonderful posters time and again for tips on new ways to incorporate large amounts of information in useful and beautiful ways, and to get inspired by new uses of titles and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - it's a thrill to know that some folks are visiting my site and finding inspiration there! I'd love to know who you are. Thank you so much for writing.

    ReplyDelete